Thursday, June 07, 2007

Not Gay Triathlete

He's Swiss triathelete Sebastien Gacond and he's upset that OutSports has linked to this picture of him.

Gacond objects because he's not gay. The link was in a photo jounral featuring links to pix of all sorts of athletes.

I think Outsports is within their rights. The picture was taken at a public sports event and Gacond is a professional athlete and a public figure.

He says he wants to maintain professionalism -- but being gay and professional are not mutually exclusive terms and in fact have nothing to do with the other.

This is another example of hetero insecurity. Let's pretend for a moment that Playgirl wanted to do a feature on yours truly (I said pretend, so stop laughing). My picture appears and women across America swoon at my salt-n-pepper locks and bulging (well you know) (and stop it -- I can hear you laughing).

I'd be flattered. Would I worry one second they might think I were straight? Who cares?

So, Mr. Gacond, get a grip. If a few gay guys pop a stiffie and rub one out over you in your little red suit, so what? It won't last forever.

Besides it's not going to affect your sex life, right?

Then again -- you were linked to from a gay web site. Hmmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That guy wears a swimsuit under his skinsuit. He also does not look like a brain surgeon. Who cares what he thinks.