Saturday, October 28, 2006

24 Hours

A very hectic 24-hour period.

Plumber here yesterday to fix leaky second floor toilet , which was leaking from the feeder pipe and caused water damage on the 2nd and 3rd floors -- this was his third and hopefully final attempt to fix it. The LTR's sister (SLTR) and two of her friends arrived for a weekend visit. And of course concert prep and a work crisis developed, and best of all, Eli (our son) arrived to spend the night. I got to visit with him for about 10 minutes before I had to leave for the concert.

I last saw him in August. He has changed so much and it's a joy to see him growing but painful to bear the gaps. He speaks more now but his words are hard to understand and it's difficult feeling like you don't know your son's language.

I spent some time with him this morning before his mom picked him up. I taught him to make scary faces and the LTR and I took him for a stroll around the block.

After he left we cleaned the third floor. Then I got ready for the concert tonight.

A busy 24-hour period indeed.

No comments: