Sunday, October 15, 2006

The LTR's Brother's Visit

Brother of LTR (BLTR) departed this morning after a nice visit. A very low-maintenance visit punctuated with lively conversation about politics and history (we're all Civil War buffs).

BLTR reads this blog so he used this opportunity to ask questions, like, "what is a fag hag?" Funny, I don't remember using that term in this space. The LTR and I are just glad he didn't ask about Santorum. (warning: Graphic).

He also wanted to know, after visiting the Washington Sports Club with the LTR, why so many men kept coming in and out of the steam room repeatedly. I don't have any idea, do you?

The LTR and the BLTR are very close. In my family affection is to be shared only in littles and as stiffly as possible. Not so in the LTR's family...and it was touching to see the warmth and obvious affection between the two.

A good visit.

UPDATE: The term "Fag Hag" was used in this quotation from someone else. I would have been surprised had it been me...I don't routinely use either word. "Queer" and "Queen" is about as far as I'll go...and I don't think I'd use the term "hag" to apply to a friend.

No comments: