Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Band Camp Part II


More pics from camp...

This is Rob, Trombone section leader...besides being a good pic of him, it reflects what it's like to sit in a band...to be surrounded by all that brass, and if, in the back row (as I am used to as a tuba player) the percussion. There is a unique comraderie that comes from playing in an ensemble like this, and this pic gives a glimpse of what it looks like.



This is the amazing Mary Bahr. Mary is one of our founding members. During the late 80s, early 90s, she played a large role in keeping the organization going as many of the men died...she cared for them and the band. Because of people like Mary, groups like ours managed to survive the darkest hours of the plague and many men learned that our gay sisters are true sisters...and sheroes.





This is Adam, who seems quiet and shy until you get him on a dance floor. I'm not sure what exactly is going on behind him. There are some things I don't need to know.










This is me with assistant artistic director Beth. I've posted this pic earlier, but put it here again because I like it. Beth has a great sense of humor and she makes me laugh. She and I both have many reasons to need a good laugh...and to steal from Robert A. Heinlein, the thing that sets us apart from the animals is...we laugh.

I have more pics from band camp, courtesy of my friend MD, but they are probably best left unpublished.

No comments: