Sunday, January 27, 2008

Ansel Adams

UPDATE: The LTR and I were discussing Adams' work and he made what I thought was an acute observation (I married him for more than his looks!). Commenting on a series of photos showing an ocean's waves on the beach, the LTR said:

Most people, when they take a picture, always says it looks better in real life. But Adams captured that part that looks better. It's all there in his photographs.



The Ansel Adams exhibit at the Corcoran closed today so the LTR and I hightailed it down there after our Sunday workout and lunch.

He was pretty good.

This is one of the pieces I liked most.

2 comments:

Matty said...

Oh shoot - I missed that! I wanted to go, and completely forgot!

Anonymous said...

I love Ansel's work as well and hope to get to a show of it someday. Glad you made it there and were able to tell us how wonderful it was to make us envy you!

-C