Thursday, January 03, 2008

The Navy Football Team

UPDATE: The Poinsettia Bowl was in Dec., so I don't know what the team or team members were doing in California. And he's the player of the year according to USA Today:

PLAYER OF THE YEAR: QB Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada — The key to any successful option attack is the play of the QB. And despite having to miss time while banged up, Kaheaku-Enhada made many big plays at big times for this team.


The Navy football team was on the leg of my flight from LAX to BWI yesterday, including this captivating gentleman, Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku Enhada. He was nice enough to be wearing shorts and, as a bona-fide leg man, all I can say is, "Go Navy!"

He caught my eye in the waiting area in Los Angeles and I of course had no idea he might be someone "famous" until I saw a woman approach him for an autograph. Then it also dawned on me there were a lot of really good looking men on my flight, as well as quite a few in Navy uniforms. I put two and two together (I'm a little slow, sometimes) and figured out I was travelling with a Navy sports team (no, I did not know they were playing in the Poinsettia Bowl. I did not know there was such a thing). I googled Navy Football and found Mr. Enhada (which he has tattooed on his leg, btw).

Funny, I've suddenly become a fan of Navy sports.

No comments: