Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Road to Hell -- Tales from Home Remodelling

The road to Hell isn't paved with good intentions. It's paved with far too many bathroom tile choices.

The LTR and I have been to Home Depot ("Casa del Depot" in honor of our Hispanic remodelling crew) and Lowes this weekend, agonizing over tile choices. It's like being at a "300" cast party and getting to pick only one.

I thought I found the perfect tile for the floor and the LTR was for once in agreement. We picked an accent tile for the wall. Only to get home and find it totally doesn't work.

Meanwhile, the entire house interior is coated with a white plaster residue from the demolition.I've been breathing it in for seven days. I woke up coughing this morning. I told the LTR I was getting White Lung.

No comments: