Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday Music Game and Looking for Inspiration

I'll play the Friday music game today (where you list the top ten tunes that pop up in random mode on your Ipod) but first a plea:

Send me songs of inspiration or positive reflection. Like Ryan Shupe's Dream Big.

Sometimes my moodiness dips into depression and this is one of those times. Good music will help. Suggestions?

Okay, here's my list:

The Farmer and the Cowman -- Oklahoma (fun b'way tunes count as "inspirational")
We Are the Champions - Queen
Can You Feel the Love Tonight -- Lion King Soundtrack
Express Yourself -- Madonna
Sweet Transvestite -- Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack
Dream Big -- Ryan Shupe
Don't Blink -- Kenny Chesney
Mountains -- Lonestar
Suddenly Seymour -- Little Shop of Horrors Soundtrack
Paradise by the Dashboard Light -- Meatloaf
Rocky Top -- Osborne Brothers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe what I'm reading --EXPRESS YOURSELF - Madonna ??

You know I love that iconic song....

How about another diva who seems to be a favorite of your loyal reader MD -

'Taking Chances' by Celine Dion

I am not a Celine fan at all, but I heard this song on the radio a few weeks ago and it compelled me to buy the CD. It ALMOST converted me (I do like the CD a lot...) Check it out, ask MD what he thinks and report back to us.

I hope you feel better soon my friend.

Matty said...

To comment... LOVE Taking Chances... LOVE LOVE LOVE her cover of Alone! OMG!

So here's my top 15 (Zac style) - sorry it's so late in the day, but I hope it provides some levity.

1. Women's Prison - Loretta Lynn, Van Lear Rose
2. Do It Again - Steely Dan, Outside Providence Soundtrack
3. Y.M.C.A. - The Village People, Pure Disco
4. Only You - Yaz, Upstairs At Erics
5. I Have A Love/One Hand One Heart - Barbara Streisand and Johnny Mathis
6. Masquerade - Phantom Of The Opera Original Cast Recording
7. Nothing Really Matters - Madonna, Ray Of Light
8. I Fall To Pieces - Patsy Cline, Patsy Cline's Greatest Hits
9. Fly Away - Lenny Kravitz - Now That's What I Call Music 1
10. Another Suitcase In Another Hall - Madonna, Evita Motion Picture Soundtrack
11. Amazing Life - Jem, Six Feet Under Soundtrack
12. River Deep, Mountain High - Celine Dion, Falling Into You
13. No More I Love You's - Annie Lennox, Medusa
14. I Will Never Let You Go - Jackie Green, Brokeback Mountain Soundtrack
15. Push It - Garbage, Version 2.0

Curtis said...

Anything by Della Reese, Dakota Staton, Blossom Dearie, or Nina Simone.

Well, maybe not Nina Simone. She can be a downer sometimes. Make that Nancy Wilson.