Sunday, March 16, 2008

Two Books, Two Ages

I just ordered two books from Amazon. One is "Love and Logic: Magic for Early Childhood: Practical Parenting from Birth to Six Years."

The other is "The Age of Miracles: Embracing the New Midlife." The first was recommended by my friend and ubermom, Andrea. The other I found through Curtis.

It seems my son is rebelling against the restraints on his will necessary for the safe growth and development of a three year old. Meanwhile his dad is rebelling against the changes and restraints of middle age.

In his case bribing, reasoning and restraining haven't worked to well. In my case, religion, pharmaceuticals and therapy have likewise failed.

So we'll see what these books have to offer.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

The "Love and Logic" series by Jim Fay is brilliant when applied correctly. It takes time to sink in, especially with toddlers with a mind of their own, but after the proper effort to infuse it into daily practice it can work wonders. I'm a big believer.

And apparently, it looks like I get paid to sell their books, too. Not the case, I just like the philosophy.

Kathy Slattengren said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cardinal said...

Rebelling three-year-olds... Man, who'd make a living working with them?!