Monday, March 24, 2008

NYT: McCain Shocker!

The New York Times is shocked, yes shocked(!) that Republican nominee John McCain doesn't talk about his flirtations with leaving the Republican Party:

What Mr. McCain almost never mentions are two extraordinary moments in his political past that are at odds with the candidate of the present: His discussions in 2001 with Democrats about leaving the Republican Party, and his conversations in 2004 with Senator John Kerry about becoming Mr. Kerry’s running mate on the Democratic presidential ticket.


Oh yes, I can see: "My Friends, I'd like to talk about why I'm the conservative candidate for President, but first let me tell you about when I wanted to leave the Republican Party and become John Kerry's lap dog."

It's fair game for a news story but treating like "news" the fact that McCain doesn't bring it up? Gimme a Break.

No comments: