Monday, July 16, 2007

A Recent Conversation in the Oval

Scottstake sources have revealed the following conversation at a recent meeting in the Oval Office at the White House:

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Peter Pace: Iraqi troop readiness is down 40 percent, sir.

President Bush: Is that a thumpin'?

Dept. of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff: I've got a bad feeling about this.

Pace: But not to worry, it's only because they've been taking heavy casualties.

Bush: What, me worry?

Press Sec'y Tony Snow: So...declining Iraqi troop readiness is not bad since the reason for it is that they're losing to the insurgents?

Pace: Right.

Snow: The media won't buy it.

Vice President Dick Cheney: Arrest them. Arrest them all.

Bush: Can we do that, Dick?

Chency: Sir, would you rather go hunting with me?

Bush: Never mind.

Sec'y of State Condoleezza Rice: Anyone want to hear the new piano solo I've been practicing?

Chertoff (sucking his thumb): I've got a bad feeling about this...

1 comment:

Cardinal said...

Chertoff reminds me of Admiral Ackbar.