Wednesday, July 25, 2007

DC Metrobus Good Will Campaign

I was pedaling down Pennsylvania Ave. this evening on my way to a meeting on Capitol Hill, when, pulling up to a stop light a DC Metro bus pulled up beside me. I heard the bus driver open her window and say, "hey" to me.

I freaked. I mean, I've been pretty critical of DC Metro Bus drivers in this space. I mean, they've run over people on Pennsylvania Ave. So I thought, "Oh shit, I'm dead."

No. She said, "hey, I like your legs" (honestly, I'm not making this up). Blushing, I said, "Thanks, it's the biking." She said, "I like having you in front of me."

I couldn't think of what to say in response to that and thankfully the light changed green.

I mean, I know the Metro system is running a goodwill campaign and all to make up for running over people, but seriously, this is a bit much, dontcha think?

5 comments:

AO said...

hahaha... hilarious.

Cardinal said...

Hey, I got a date one time from a guy at the gym who commented on how my ass looked on the elliptical machine!

Matty said...

It would have been really hot if she had stepped OFF the bus and felt you up! Seriously though - nice compliment, but she needs to keep her eyes on the road. Scott, damn your sexy legs for distracting our Metro Bus drivers! From now on, where track pants!

Anonymous said...

ditto to what mattydale says, and do you REALLY need more ego boosting jibberish thrown your way (even though it's true)??? :)

Scott said...

To that last commenter...Mom, cut it out.