Monday, August 18, 2008

Irony Watch -- Playing with Fire

The LTR and I went to Harper's Ferry, WV this past weekend, renting a small cabin at the KOA, a rainbow excursion to the Redneck Riviera. Usually we camp primitive-style but in this case we were looking for an easy escape.

Accordingly, we bought assistance for starting our fire. Normally we start our fire the hard way, by rubbing two dry cliches together.* This time we bought this product:










Little did we know, like the unsuspecting city-folk we are, that this product might actually work! See the small print (click to enlarge and read):









*I wish I could take credit for the "rubbing two dry cliches together" line, but I'm stealing it from Robert A. Heinlein where he used it in Glory Road, one of his, I think, under-appreciated books.

1 comment:

Alan Scott said...

LOL! I suppose in this litigious addicted society, the producers aren't nearly scared of protecting the sane customers as they are the ones that will burn down their house with one of those. Thanks for the laugh, Scott! :)