Friday, August 29, 2008

Yes We Can

I'm too tired to post a complete recap of the events at Mile High Stadium this afternoon and tonight. But here's a quick thumbnail:

They had me at the Pledge. Really. I choked up halfway through, because the pledge of allegiance is Obama's message: One nation...liberty and justice...for all. Those words really mean something. I felt a part of them tonight.

I was surprised that Obama went after McCain as he did. But I thought it was one of the highlights of the speech.

I was not surprised by the more nuts and bolts issue speech he gave. He needed to do that.

Has a Presidential candidate ever said the words "same sex marriage" in their acceptance speech before?

The crowd was amazing. 80,000 I'm told. Have 80,000 people ever wanted to come hear what John McCain had to say?

Don't know if this came across on TV, but the campaign's use of texting is incredible. They captured the text address of 30,000 people tonight. And texting is how they are going to reach out to younger voters, a key component of their strategy to win. Brilliant.

They could have done without the Greek set. I know why they did it, but still.

I am so thrilled to have been at this historic gathering.

2 comments:

Alan Scott said...

I'm not sure that 80,000 people voted for McSame in the primaries.

lacochran said...

He was brilliant! Oh, yes. Yes we can! And we will.