Wednesday, August 13, 2008

McCain and Saakashvili

All well and good for McCain to declare "We're all Georgians." Except that it raises Georgians expectations that we will help them fight the Russians:

This morning Saakashvili told CNN: "Yesterday, I heard Sen. McCain say, 'We are all Georgians now,'" Saakashvili said on CNN's American Morning. "Well, very nice, you know, very cheering for us to hear that, but OK, it's time to pass from this. From words to deeds."


McCain is acting irresponsibly. Thank God he is not president.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doubly so since one of his senior campaign staffers is a paid lobbyist for the Georgian government. (The country just recently invaded by Russia, not the American state.)

Scott said...

Hey, since you and I usually fight here, but I think we would agree on the point of this post, why not go over to chris Crain's blog where I'm getting hammered for arguing McCain's off his rocker on Russia and give me some support. Link is in a post below this one.

Of course you're still welcome to keep hammering on me here :-)

Anonymous said...

Misha does know McCain's not actually the president, doesn't he?